Thursday, 7 March 2013

WINDOWS 8 TOTAL REFRESH.




After having waved the flag for Windows 8 I was unimpressed when it came to doing a refresh.
The options are clear, you can either refresh and save your files or go for a clean refresh which takes all the unwanted files out of your hard drive and makes it clean.
I started this process with advice from many sites who advise you to do a re install after you buy a new laptop to take away all the unwanted rubbish associated with a new Laptop or PC.
The mere click of a button can now re install your windows platform, gone are the days of putting in a windows CD to re-install  gone are the days of sectioning off your hard drive to re install windows its a darn sight easier these days, however they fail to tell you just how long the refresh takes.
I started the process at 3 o'clock in the afternoon and by 10 pm at night it was still only around 30 percent, the refresh was taking at least an hour every 6 percent I was looking at the early hours of the morning before it would be complete.
I went to various sites AFTER  I started the process which was a BIG mistake, as per usual I jumped in with two feet without researching the process first . If I had known it was gonna take up to 48 hours to complete I would not have bothered.

I stayed up later than normal hoping it would complete quicker than the advised times indicated by other users, alas it took nearly 9 hours to complete, I swore after that I would never do this again unless I was forced to.

So a warning to other users of Windows 8 who fancy doing a clean install, be aware that this can take up to 48 hours to complete, which is ridiculous in this day and age.



Please checkout BLOG PROMOTIONS
Please checkout SHORT STORIES
Please checkout BILLY'S POETRY
Please checkout BILLY'S BOOK REVIEWS
Please checkout PUBLISHED BOOKS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

feeds